Here are some articles and other resources related to issues brought up by guests in our conversations. If you have any more links you want added here, let me know! See also the @ChangeAcadLife twitter feed for pointers to relevant articles.
- 2015 Report to UK Higher Education Funding Council: The Metric Tide: Report of the Independent Review of the Role of Metrics in Research Assessment and Management
- Article about this report: Metrics: how to handle them responsibly
- Video: Living with the H-Index
Work Life Balance
- Balance Network - an interdisciplinary network of UK academics, interesting research projects and events
- Article: These Work-Life Balance Strategies Help Even In the Most Demanding Jobs
- Article: What sending after-hours emails does to your productivity
Working in and out of academia
- Article: How many hours a week should academics work?
- Article: Academics are unhappy - it's time to transform our troubled university system
- Article: There's work (and life) outside of universities for PhD graduates
- Article: Returning to academic work after maternity leave