This is a very short reflection [07:55 mins] from me on 2016 and the wonderful diverse stories we have heard. And looking forward to 2017 as we continue to explore together how to create a better academic life.
I would also love to hear your feedback on the podcasts so far and your ideas for what and who you want to hear about in future podcasts:
Email: gerifitz at changingacademiclife.com or Twitter: @ChangeAcadLife
Wishing all of us a balanced, authentic, vibrant, joy-filled academic life for 2017, whatever that may mean for each of us!
Contributions via Twitter to end of year reflections - thanks!
- [marta] overall learning about career paths, hearing how everyone goes thru hard times and how they come out of it + practical tips
- [anna] that there's no one-way to be successful in academia. Every podcast has told a different story
- [anna] the power of personal stories. I feel like I know all of these people now even if we've yet to meet.
- [ari] The resounding wish of everyone to see more empathy in academia for everyone's struggles, choices, and circumstances.
- [jenny] I am loving the @ChangeAcadLife podcasis. So many interesting stories and valuable lessons to learn.